Friday, March 4, 2011

The Thrills of being a Violin Dealer

I have one of the best jobs there is.  Being CEO of Simply Violin and being Sales Manager at House of Note (Minneapolis).  We are blessed here in the Twin Cities as being one of the best cultural centers in the US.  

I get the opportunity to meet and work with so many students and their teachers and to be honest it's not always easy - teachers can be very picky and quirky but I love the challenge. 

I have the pleasure of working with two astounding young ladies, Sarah and Sadie Hamrin of Bemidji, Minnesota.  Here are a few videos of these remarkable girls that I'd like to share.  

I must admit that their instruments sound great - but really it's Sarah and Sadie that sound fantastic!  It was a thrill for me to help them find their instruments and I am looking forward to helping them as they grow out of these and move on to larger instruments.

I hope you enjoy these videos:  

Sarah and Sadie play fiddle duets.  Sarah, at age 11, plays Tambourin by Hervelois and Sadie, at age 10, performs Symphonie Espagnole by Lalo with the Duluth Superior Symphony. 


Sarah Hamrin
Sadie Hamrin

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I have in my possesion a violin that has been in the family since the first part of the 1800s. It has all the Strad characteristics but is most likely a copy. I would like to find out more info about it . Any info you can provide would be appreciated.
    David West
    westpat@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete